Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Things [Picture a Day, 6/29-7/1]

Things that make me happy...


6/29/10 - Glass storage jars.

I love glass jars, especially jelly jars. There is something about storing food in glass jars that makes me feel like such a martha. It makes me say things like, "I strive to have a well stocked pantry. In case unexpected guests arrive I can whip up a batch of cookies in no time."

I am moving in a month so I am trying to use up as much food as possible. Even that wierd can of stewed tomatoes that's been there for years. That, too. These are newly cleaned jars sitting on my kitchen windowsill after I finished off the last of the all-purpose flour and garbanzo beans.




6/30/10 - Peaches! 

Nothing can compare to the sweat goodness of a good peach. Unfortunatley, since moving California we have had one bad peach after another. I had almost given up on California peaches all together, when we got a surprising treat with our CSA box last weekend: delicious peaches..."donut peaches". MMMM, donuts...





7/1/10 - Sweet notes!

Today was my first day back at work after a month long furlough/vacation. When I walked in, I found these notes left on my office door. I think I know the "supa fierce" students who left these for me. It totally made my...like...year. It reminds me while I love my job so much.

3 comments:

Beth said...

My goodness, miss, what a well stocked pantry you have!

Amy said...

What a great post! I love your curtains. Did you see my post about wanting to learn canning this summer? Maybe that would be a project you'd like, too. Peaches repeatedly fail me. It makes me sad, but I can't remember the last time I had a good peach. And your notes are so sweet :)

mauram said...

Oddly enough we get amazing peaches at the Farmer's Market here (I don't remember when they are in season, but maybe August). They are absolutely perfect. I am also envious of your pantry organizing; it might come as a surprise but all of my organizing skills have completely gone out the window.

I love those curtains in your kitchen too.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.