Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Elfin Forrest [Picture a Day]



July 11, 2010

On Sunday we went for a hike at Elfin Forrest in Escondido.  I want to make an effort to be more active and take advantage of all the fun out-doorsy stuff San Diego has to offer. Like the ocean, and the mountains, and all those other things called nature. Mostly I sit on my couch and watch tv and read food blogs. So we went for a hike.

It was fun. It was, well, walking. But up a mountain. And not to get anywhere, really. Not like to get to the store to buy a squishy. Just to walk up. And then to turn around and walk down. I've never understood just "walking" before. Like sex without an orgasm. Why expend the effort if you're not going to get anything for it? But apparently walking without a destination can be quite enjoyable.

At the start of the trail there was a sign warning of the mountain lions. It suggested that, if confronted by a mountain lion, to make lots of noise and wave your arms around. They had walking sticks people could borrow. I took one for mountain lion defense. I was really not feeling great about a confrontation with a mountain lion. Because I saw that lady on Oprah who was mauled by a mountain lion for no good reason and her whole face was torn off. That would be an unfortunate end to an otherwise pleasant day, so I wanted to avoid that.

Here I am practicing mountain lion defense with my big stick.




My favorite part was this beautiful stream. I wanted to stay there all day with a sun bonnet and cucumber sandwiches and pretend to be British.




Lola liked it, too.



Unfortunately after she got out of the water, she rolled around in the dirt. Like, a lot. So this is what we got to drive home with.


The car was a total insane-o mess. Still is. But, on...


July 12 - I washed the car

I love going through an automatic car wash. I love watching the water rain on the windshield. So I took a picture from inside of the car....

And, the picture isn't uploading. Well that sucks. Moving on...


July 13 - Pixie was laying down funny.

Nothing else any more interesting happened that day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.