Sunday, July 18, 2010

Good Times [Picture a Day, 7.13-7.18]

7.14.10 - Beth's Toys

Our house has this little built-in display case in a totally random nook by the stairs. When we moved in Beth and I made a deal that she could put her toys...errr...action figures in this display case and I could do whatever I wanted with the living room. I think she loves our house so much for this reason alone.

We are moving soon, about which I am thrilled. Have I mentioned how much I dislike our house? It smells. Always. Like a musty basement. The carpet must be 30 years old. The seeds from the pepper tree outside get in our shoes and in the dogs fur, and then get tracked inside and stuck in the nasty old carpet. I could go on but I won't. We are moving in 2 weeks and I am happy. But since I have no love for this house, and since we knew we were moving soon, and since no matter how much I scrub the kitchen floor it is still embedded with grime, we haven't cleaned in like a month. At this point we're just living in filth. It's kind of gross.

But Beth loves this display case. I know it will be missed. Here she can proudly display all her Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figures, with batwoman thrown in for good measure.






7.15.10 - Staff Picnic

The CSUSM staff picnic was Thursday and was actually a lot of fun. There was "air guitar", which I'd never heard of, but is pretty much like a drag show without the drag. There was also a lot of fun games and contests, and real good food. Unfortunately my camera battery died after I took this picture so I didn't get a shot of my co-worker with cherry filling covering his face from the pie eating contest.

This is a picture of my co-worker Sara, who is the director of campus activities. Next to her is Kevin, one of my very favorite students who is working in the business office this summer.




7.16.10 - San Diego Pride

This is Pride weekend in San Diego. We didn't go to the parade or to the festival this year because the parade is crowed and early, and the festival is expensive and corporate. But we did go to the political "rally" event on Friday. As you can see it was not very well attended. I wish more people in the community cared about the political nature of pride as much as they care about getting drunk and hooking up. I actually think the political part is the fun part, which I think makes me a little strange. 




7.17.10 - Walk About

Last night was the South Park Walkabout. It's an event our neighborhood does once every few months were all the stores are open late and have music and food and people walk about.  I drank too much before we went, so when we stepped out of our house it was too crowded and overwhelming. Too many people walking about. It made me claustrophobic. So we just went around the block and came back home. Here I am looking grumpy about the crowd.







7.18.10 - Blech

I drank way too much last night. I woke up feeling hella hungover. I hope this will help.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Beth also has Tim Burton action figures, which makes me love her even more. I am also hungover. While I enjoyed playing last night, I usually get a little bitter that hangovers have a magical way of ruining the entire next day by making me oversleep and lay around all day.

mauram said...

That is so funny...

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.